WHAT DO I WANT FROM POETS/POETRY

I want poetry to be the new rock and roll! I want poets throwing punches at the paparazzi,as they stagger out of nightclubs with young girls. I want a 100,000 people at Roskilde shouting 'EXTRA SONNET EXTRA SONNET' and have banksy stencilling vers libre(free verse) on the walls of corporate headquarters,while poets write haiku on the breasts of groupies.

Poetry should be the art of the dangerous,insane and the sage. It should come withe Parental Advisory Explicit Lyrics on the cover. I want parents saying to their children,'why can't you go out with a nice Black Metal guitarist who burns down churches and sacrifices goats to Satan? How can you bring shame on us,by going out with a POET?.

Poets should be on wanted posters and die of auto-erotic asphyixsation. Caroline Lamb,said of Byron,'mad,bad and dangerous to know', I want my poets dead!

Poet quote of the day'poetry should strike the reader as an ordering of his own thoughts and appear almost as a rememberance' John Keats.

No intellectual position is valid if it hasn't at least considered with equal weight both sides of an argument. If you're an atheist,who hasn't engaged with the best Christian apologetics or hold a firm opinion on either side,the you should look at the work of William Lane Craig at www.reasonablefaith.org for the best rational arguments for the indescribable.

What I Want From My Poetry
I try to write,
what all poets try to.
The pure poem!

Untouched by,
obfuscation,deviation or repition.
Words stripped of ulterior motives.

Like a sniper's bullet,
flying high,taking into account all resistance.
Drops,straight through the heart.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome to Poeta Vagante - the primary conduit to a world of bohemian romantic decadence.

Follow the outré exploits of this transcendental vagabond and street bard as he pushes the boundaries of human decency and poetical possibility.

Followers